Lori Klein, CPA, PFS, CGMA, CFP®, CFS
Lori graduated cum laude from the University of Houston receiving her B.S. in Accounting. She has over 31 years experience in public accounting and is currently practicing as a Certified Public Accountant with L. Klein and Company, P.C. and Certified Financial Planner with the financial planning firm of Klein Wealth Management.
Ms. Klein has attained the Personal Financial Specialist designation from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. She also received her Certified Financial Planner designation as well as her Master's in Financial Planning through the College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado. To best service her clients, Ms. Klein became a CertifiedFunds Specialist and is licensed as an Investment Advisor Representative through J.W. Cole Advisors, Inc. with securities through J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. in Tampa, Florida.
Lori was recognized for Top Accounting Firm in the H Texas Magazine, in 2007, and again in 2008 for Top Financial Planner. She is also recognized for her achievements in the 2008 December issue of Texas Monthly for the Top Dependable Accounting Firms in Texas, again in 2009 for Customer Service and September 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 for Top Wealth Management. Broker Dealer J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. acknowledged Lori in 2009 with the Outstanding Achievement* award in Wealth Management and again recognized her for the same prestigious award in 2011.
Ms. Klein is very active in community affairs. She has been past President of the Women's Business Forum and the Tomball Business & Professional Women. She was past Chairman on the Board of Directors of the Greater Tomball Area Chamber of Commerce, Rotary International Group Studies Exchange Ambassador to Japan in 1991, and Recipient of the Outstanding Texan Award given to the five persons by the Texas Jaycees. She has also been honored with a "Woman of Excellence" award and Tomball's Citizen of the Year. For almost 24 years, she has been a member of the Advisory board and the current financial advisor for Cypress Woodlands Junior Forum, and recognized as their honoree for 2011. Lori was a founding Board Member of the North Harris Montgomery Community College District Foundation, now known as the Lone Star College Foundation.
Most recently Lori enjoyed serving as a reoccurring expert on KHOU TV Channel 11, Saving Cents, with Sherry Williams. She is a past 2012/2013 Chairperson for Circle of Red, American Heart Association/ Northwest Harris County Division and current member. Lori served as a board member of Texas Repertory Theatre and the Grand Parkway Association. Presently, she is a board member of the Tomball Economic Development Corporation, Treasurer of the Woman's Business Forum and board member of the Christian Business Luncheons. In May of 2014, Lori was sworn in as the newest councilman serving Position 5 with the City of Tomball.
Lori is married to David R. Quinn, Architect, Past City Tomball's Councilman, and Mayor Pro-Term. They are blessed with 4 daughters in their blended family and 6 grandchildren. She is a member of the Trinity Lutheran Church in Klein, Texas.
*J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Recognition Disclosures:
- The Advisor did not pay a fee to be considered for the J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. “Outstanding Achievement” award.
- The “Outstanding Achievement” award is not indicative of the Advisor’s future performance. Working with the “Outstanding Achievement” award winner is not a guarantee as to future investment success, nor is there any guarantee the selected Advisor will be awarded this accomplishment by J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. in the future.
- The inclusion of the Advisor as the “Outstanding Achievement” award nominee should not be construed as an endorsement of the Advisor’s investment management skills by J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. or any of its affiliates.
- The Advisor may or may not use discretion in their practice and therefore may or may not manage their client’s assets.
- The “Outstanding Achievement" award selection committee is not acting in the capacity of an Investment Adviser and therefore the reference to this award should not be considered financial advice.
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. has approximately 240 Advisors eligible for consideration of the award and only one Advisor per year is selected.
- For more information on the methodology behind the selection committee’s nominations, please contact the Chief Compliance Officer at J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. at (813) 935-6776. Rankings and/or recognition by unaffiliated rating services and/or publications should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results if Financial Advisor is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services, nor should it be construed as a current or past endorsement of Financial Advisor by any of its clients. Rankings published by magazines, and others, generally base their selections exclusively on information prepared and/or submitted by the recognized adviser.